Advertisement

Phil Engledrum

topic posted Thu, January 22, 2004 - 8:47 AM by  Shibby
Share/Save/Bookmark
Does anyone remember this guy? He put out a number of magazines in the 70's & 80's (Pistolero, Handgun Report, etc) out of Ventura, Ca. Then he just vanished without a trace. His reveiws were a total crack-up and I wish I had one of the BAT bumper stickers (BAT=SPLAT!)
posted by:
Shibby
Advertisement
  • Ken
    Ken
    offline 5
    Yes, I certainly do. He edited "Handgun Tests." The magazine started in 1979. I first saw it and bought one in Fall '92. I saw and bought another in Fall '94. I havn't seen one since. I saved them as a permanant review reference for 46 guns plus all the good advice. His slogan was "No Gun Maker Ads! No Lies! No Bull$#!+" They are the best gun mags I have ever read!

Phil is listed in the '92 issue, but Lee Engledrum edited the '94. The last address was :
    Epic Mags
    6112 N. Mesa
    Suite 120
    El Paso
    Texas 79912
  • Oh HELL YA!!!!!

Still have a few of the mags laying around the bookshelves!!! Awesome articles, and actually good honest reviews on firearms.

Loved his "personas" when he go out and run some gun tests. Like his Lt. Budweiser, Bwana Bushman, Fat Phil the Turkey Farmer, or his Che Gordo Grosso... "Che Gordo Grosso has a FAL and a Colt .45 when he kills low calorie beer"

Gotta love it!!

Recent topics in "Bubba's Gun and Rifle Club"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Having fun in night club,do u like? Unsubscribed 0 August 20, 2014
Younger Women Older Men Dating Site Unsubscribed 0 May 4, 2014
HI-POINT Handguns Jay 34 December 31, 2012
Ruger Mini14/30 0nceler 0 December 10, 2012